you begin your project, it's important to clean your paperweight with
streak-free glass cleaner to remove any fingerprints, dust, or smudges.
This step will also help ensure the adhesive bottom pad adheres
properly to the surface of the glass.
Each paperweight kit includes the mounting board and bottom pad used in the following steps.
- Remove the protective film to expose the adhesive on the mounting board.
- Place the adhesive side of the board onto the back of the image being displayed in the paperweight. (Figure 1)
- Using a pair of scissors, trim any material that extends beyond the edge of the mounting board. (Figure 1)
- Remove the protective film to expose the adhesive on the bottom pad.
- Apply the finished mounting board to the center of the adhesive side of the bottom pad. (Figure 2)
- Center the bottom pad over the base of the paperweight (artwork down)
and slowly lower it onto the glass to secure. (Figure 3)
you plan to display a dimensional object within your paperweight, make
certain it will fit comfortably within the depth of the display area.
This measurement may be found toward the top of this page.
the adhesive mounting board on the back of a piece of decorative paper,
fabric, or other preferred material to act as a background (Figure 1).
Attach objects directly to the background using an appropriate adhesive
(glue, mounting tape, etc.)
Allow any liquid
adhesive to dry completely prior to finishing your paperweight. If the
glue is not dry, a hazy condensation could form inside the glass.